I have been reading Chicken Soup for the Soul books since I was a teenager. The short stories never cease to inspire and evoke emotion. One of their newest editions, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You is a great read when you are looking for some motivation to reach some of your self-transformational goals.
I don’t know very many people who do not at least want to be healthier. Finding the motivation to drop bad habits and change your lifestyle takes a lot of willpower and this book intends to help you motivate yourself to get active, live healthy and have the life and body you truly want. A forward by Richard Simmons sets the positive tone for the book which contains 101 short stories from real people who found ways to “shape their lives”.
The book contains the following chapters:
Exercise Can Be Fun
To Err is Human
Having a Partner
Telling Myself the Truth
Foods that Made a Difference
Off the Beaten Path
In addition to the stories, inspirational quotes and whimsical cartoons complete the book’s healthy theme. As with all the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, I thoroughly enjoyed this edition. As someone who has been struggling to live healthy lately, I enjoyed reading stories from real people who were able to overcome barriers and make a positive change. This is a great read for anyone who is working on living a healthier lifestyle.
Buy it here: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You retails for $14.95 and can be purchased at a discounted price from Amazon.
Win it here: Three (3) lucky Cake Mom readers are going to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You.
**Please read the rules**
This giveaway is open to US & Canadian Residents. You must complete the mandatory entry before completing optional entries. Each optional entry needs to be added as a separate comment. Comments that do not follow the rules will not count and will be deleted. PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me how you motivate yourself to be healthy.
Optional entries: Leave an additional comment for each entry. For example, if you blog about this contest, leave 3 separate comments!
1. Follow my blog (publicly)
2. Subscribe to my blog via email and confirm the subscription
3. Grab my button and post a link to your blog
4. Blog about this contest (with a link to my blog) and post a link to your blog (3 entries)
5. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this contest (can be done daily). You must place a link to your tweet.
6. Enter another one of my contests. Enter as many as you like, but this method is only worth 1 entry regardless of how many you enter
7. Purchase another Chicken Soup for the Soul book from Amazon using this link to enter Amazon (you can purchase whichever book you desire once clicking on the link) and receive 10 EXTRA entries!!
8. Like Cake Mom on Facebook (2 entries)
The winners will be selected on 2/25 via random.org and will be emailed. The winners will have 48 hours to respond.
I was provided with the above mentioned product for the purpose of facilitating this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.
Congrats to Anonymous, rj7777, snowluvnferret! You have all been emailed.